The Relaxing Retirement Coach
- Pure Fiduciary: In the United States, doctors, attorneys, and accountants are all legally required to adhere to a fiduciary standard of placing their clients’ and patients’ interests above their own, and the company they represent, at all times. While the overwhelming majority of financial advisors do not currently have this same legal requirement, we strongly believe in and adhere to the fiduciary standard 100% of the time.
- Independence: We strongly believe our members’ interests are best served by completely independent and unbiased advice. While most financial advisors in the United States are registered brokers of large investment and/or insurance companies, we are not registered with any broker-dealer firm or insurance company, we do not sell financial products, nor receive commissions for doing so.
- Transparency: As a fiduciary, we strongly believe in full transparency. We do not have any hidden conflicts of interest, or hidden fees or commissions, and we do not recommend financial instruments with surrender or redemption charges commonly found in annuities and mutual funds.
- Long Term: Because the financial challenges you face at this unique stage in your life are long-term and multi-dimensional, we do not offer commission driven, one-size-fits-all solutions marketed by many large financial institutions. We believe and are only interested in long-term “win-win” relationships. As such, we believe we have to continue to earn the trust and confidence of our Relaxing Retirement members each day.
- Coaching: According to DALBAR, Inc.’s Quantitative Analysis of Investor Behavior (QAIB), while the average investment return of the S&P 500 Index for the 30-year period from 1986 through 2016 was 10.16% per year (with dividends reinvested), the average return of the average equity mutual fund investor was unfortunately only 3.98% per year. There are two logical possibilities which can explain why the investment results of the average investor so drastically trail broad stock market index returns. The first is the investment fees the average investor paid which ate into their returns. The second is how they invested; when they bought, when they sold, i.e. their investing behavior. We believe having a dedicated fiduciary and coach, and adhering to a disciplined long-term system can significantly increase your odds of avoiding higher-cost investments and maintaining the necessary discipline to capture market returns.
- Focus: The old adage that “you can’t be all things to all people” is especially true when it comes to financial advice. There is simply too much to know. If you have a history of high blood pressure, and your father and brother both passed away in their 50’s from heart attacks, would you feel 100% confident with a doctor who is a general practitioner who treats your whole family, but who also sees patients who have cardiac issues? You would likely want to see a respected cardiologist in your area who does nothing else but treat people who have cardiac issues. The stakes are just too high not to.During this critical retirement phase in your financial life, we believe your financial stakes are equally as high. While many investment firms offer a generic list of services to the masses, the entire focus of The Relaxing Retirement Coaching Program™ is helping our members implement the mindsets and strategies necessary to develop and maintain the financial confidence they need to make a seamless and relaxing transition to their retirement years and do everything they want to do without anxiety about money.
- Markets: While the media, advertisers, and large financial institutions eager to sell financial products encourage behavior consistent with the belief that the stock market is inefficient, we believe markets are efficient. As such, we do not recommend stock picking, track record investing, or market timing in any form.
- Planning First: Just as you would expect a medical doctor to perform a thorough examination prior to performing invasive surgery or prescribing a potent medication, we will only recommend solutions after strategically crafting a custom-designed Retirement Blueprint™ based on your individual priorities and goals first.
- Simple and Straightforward: As the world becomes more complex and challenging to navigate, we believe the use of intimidating industry jargon in an attempt to elevate the perceived value of an advisor only increases this complexity and reduces your confidence. The Relaxing Retirement Coaching Program™ was built to simplify your life and help you maintain the financial confidence you need to spend more time doing what you want, when you want, where you want, with whomever you choose to spend your precious time with.