The Magic Bank Account
** The author is not known. This was found in the billfold of Coach Paul ‘Bear’ Bryant, Alabama, after he died in 1982.
Imagine that you had won the following PRIZE in a contest:
Each morning your bank would deposit $86,400 in your private account for your use.
However, this prize has rules:
- Everything that you didn’t spend during each day would be taken away from you.
- You may not simply transfer money into some other account.
- You may only spend it.
- Upon awakening each morning, the bank opens your account with another $86,400 for that day.
- The bank can end the game without warning; at any time it can say, “Game Over", close the account, and you will not receive a new one.
What Would You Personally Do?
You would buy anything and everything you wanted, right? Not only for yourself, but for all the people you love and care for because you couldn’t possibly spend it all on yourself, right?
You would try to spend every penny, and use it all, because you knew it would be replenished in the morning, right?
Actually, this game is REAL! Shocked?
Each of us is already the winner of this PRIZE. We just can’t seem to see it.
The PRIZE is TIME!
- Each morning we awaken to receive 86,400 seconds as a gift of life.
- When we go to sleep at night, any remaining time is not credited to us.
- What we haven’t used up that day is forever lost. Yesterday is forever gone.
- Each morning the account is refilled, but the bank can dissolve your account at any time without WARNING.
What Will You Do With Your 86,400 Seconds?
Those seconds are worth so much more than the same amount in dollars.
Think about it and remember to enjoy every second of your life because time races by so much quicker than you think.
Take care of yourself, be happy, love deeply and enjoy life!
Here’s wishing you a wonderful and beautiful day. Start “spending”!
“Don’t complain about growing old. Some people don’t get the privilege.”
Committed To Your Relaxing Retirement,
The Retirement Coach
P.S.: WHO do you know who could benefit from receiving my Retirement Coach “Strategy of the Week”? Please simply provide their name and email address to us at info@TheRetirementCoach.com. Or they can subscribe at www.TheRetirementCoach.com. I appreciate the trust you place in me. Thank you! (The content of this letter does not constitute a tax opinion. Always consult with a competent tax professional service provider for advice on tax matters specific to your situation.)